Self-Employed Contractor Agreement
If you’re not ready to commit to hiring an employee, then you might be best to hire a self-employed contractor, which offers more flexibility.
Who this if for
A Contract is a legal document. And not having a contract with the important paragraphs could leave you open to BIG legal risks. The kind that could potentially destroy the business you’ve worked so hard to create.
This comprehensive Contract Template can be given to Self-Employed Contractors or Freelancers, such as Marketing Managers, Consultants etc.
What you get
Upon purchase, you will receive an Offer Letter and Self-Employed Contractor Agreement Template, in Word format (which comes with easy to follow instructions and FAQs) which is:
- Completely customisable to include your company logo and details – just change the bits in red
- Easy to personalise for your business (with instructions & FAQs).
- Compliant with 2018 Employment Legislation for England, including GDPR
- Plus if you get stuck you can ask me unlimited questions via my private Facebook community.
What’s included in the contract?
This Contractor Agreement aims to cover everything you need to protect your business, including:
- Appointment & Employment Status – Clarifies they will provide the services agreed and they are a self-employed Contractor, not an Employee
- Performance of the Services – Set’s out your expectations of their performance
- Substitution – whether someone else can do the work if they aren’t free
- Absence / Leave – This confirms they are not entitled to any holiday, sick pay or pension
- Payment – This confirms the rate of pay will be on the Schedule page
- Taxation – this confirms they are responsible for paying their own Tax, VAT, National Insurance and any other taxes and fees as required.
- New client incentive (optional) – if they get a fee for bringing in new business
- Liabilities, Indemnity & Insurance – This means that they need to have their own insurance and they cannot sue you for any loss or costs they incur.
- Confidentiality – This asks then not to disclose any confidential information
- Termination – This confirms how the contract can end and what they need to return to you at the end
- Restrictions – This essentially confirms they cannot use the information they have access to, to their personal advantage.
- Conflict of Interest – This asks them to inform you if there could be (or is) a conflict of interest with any other clients they have e.g. working with you and your competitor
- Health & Safety – This confirms their Health & Safety responsibilities
Personal Belongings – This confirms you are not responsible if they experience any loss or theft.
- Miscellaneous – this is a catch-all to ensure it’s as watertight as it can be to protect your company.
- Governing Law – this confirms you operate within the laws of England.
- The Schedule – Confirms the specifics of what you agreed e.g. fee and dates
Q1: How can I purchase this item?
Click on the ‘add to basket’ button and proceed to checkout.
Q2. When will I receive this item?
After purchasing this product, you’ll receive an instant email with a link to downloads
Q3. Who this Agreement is for?
Any entrepreneur or small business owner looking to hire a UK self-employed contractor.
Q4. I have a question – who can I contact?
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com