Employee Handbook Template
Not sure if you’re meeting your HR / legal responsibilities as an employer? The easiest way to make sure you do is to have an Employee Handbook!
What is it?
This is a document which contains the HR policies you need to meet your legal obligations. You give a copy to your new employees when they join you and have this stored on a shared drive so people have access. You can use it to set out your expectations and your HR processes e.g. How to book a holiday, what to do if their off sick and what to do feel they are being bullied etc.
What you get
You’ll get an Employee Handbook Template with a wide range of HR Policies, in Word format, which is:
- Completely customisable including your company logo and details
- Compliant with 2019 Employment Legislation for England
- Easy to personalise – it comes with instructions and FAQs
This employee handbook template comes in 5 parts:
- Welcome to the Company
- Working here – useful things you need to know
- Time off work – including holiday, special leave, sickness absence and maternity leave etc.
- Problems in the workplace – and how we deal with them
- Important information – to protect you and the Company
The specific HR policies included in here are:
- General Information for new joiners
- Fairness & Equality
- Training & Development
- Leaving the company
- Holiday & Special Leave
- Sickness Absence & ill-health
- Unauthorised Absence
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Shared Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Requests
- Capability Policy
- Disciplinary Policy
- Anti-bullying & Harassment
- Making a Grievance (complaint)
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Health & Safety Policy
- Smoking, Drugs & Alcohol
- Driving at Work
- IT / Data Security
- Social Media Policy
Plus if you get stuck you can ask me unlimited questions via my private Facebook community.
Q1: Why do I need this item?
An employee handbook helps to ensure that your company policies and procedures are consistently communicated which will help to protect your business.
It’s a useful way to meet your legal responsibilities. Plus, it helps you set out the processes, which can lead to a more effective and efficient team culture and consistent treatment of employees.
Q2: How can I purchase this item?
Click on the ‘add to basket’ button and proceed to checkout.
Q3. When will I receive this item?
After purchasing this product, you’ll receive an instant email with a link to download these documents.
Q4. I have a question – who can I contact?
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Q5. Is it complicated to personalise the Handbook
No. All you need to do is change the bits highlighted in red, so it’s personalised for your business. And remove anything that you feel isn’t relevant for your business.
Q5. How long will it take to personalise the Handbook
Approximately around 20 minutes, but could be a bit longer.