Hiring Toolkit (Includes Contract & Handbook Templates)
If you’re hiring your first employee, it’s likely you’re feeling excited, nervous and maybe a bit overwhelmed about everything you need to do. If so, this toolkit is for you.
Who is this for
Busy business owners that want a range of time-saving templates, designed to make your life easier and help to protect you and your business if things go wrong. Things like your employee setting up in competition with you, or working for a competitor or taking you to an employment tribunal or simply just not what you need.
What you get in this Toolkit
You’ll get all the templates you need to make a job offer to an employee, plan their induction to help them settle in and manage the probation period (essentially setting you up for success). It also comes with useful checklists, instructions and FAQs. The templates you get are:
- A digital copy of my Book which is called ‘Hiring your first employee’
- An offer letter and Employment Contract Template, in Word format, which is completely customisable. It’s 100% compliant with UK Employment Law and includes GDPR and pension auto-enrolment.
- An Employee handbook, which contains valuable HR policies and working practices. This document (in word format) can be edited and personalised to your business to make sure that it looks and reads exactly the way you want it to and allows you to add your logo. This is 100% compliant with UK Employment Law and was last updated in August 2018.
- Job description template
- 5 x New Joiner Forms.
- Guide on how to check someone’s right to work in the UK
- Induction Plan Checklist
- Probation template letters x 3 (pass, fail and extend)
Plus if you get stuck you can ask me unlimited questions via my private Facebook community.
What’s covered in the Contract Template?
This employment contract template covers the important things you need, including:
- Job title
- Place of Work
- Dates of Employment
- Pension auto-enrolment (two options for you to choose from)
- Overtime (optional)
- Bonus (optional)
- Deductions from Pay (in case you make a mistake and need the money back)
- Intellectual Property (to protect your assets)
- Probation (this is your get-out clause in case it doesn’t work out)
- Termination & Notice Period
- Sick Pay
- DBS (Criminal Record Checks which is optional)
- Outside Employment
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Working Time Regulations (this is a legal requirement)
- Health & Safety
- Restrictive Covenants (this is the important non-complete bit)
- Contingencies (caveats to protect you)
The Employee Handbook
The specific HR policies included are:
- General Information for new joiners
- Fairness & Equality
- Training & Development
- Leaving the company
- Holiday & Special Leave
- Sickness Absence & ill-health
- Unauthorised Absence
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Shared Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Requests
- Capability Policy
- Disciplinary Policy
- Anti-bullying & Harassment
- Making a Grievance (complaint)
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Health & Safety Policy
- Smoking, Drugs & Alcohol
- Driving at Work
- IT / Data Security
- Social Media Policy
New Joiner Forms
The forms you get are:
- Personal Details
- Pre-employment checks e.g. references and qualifications and legal right to work in the UK
- GDPR Consent Form
- Working Time Opt-In Form
- Employee Handbook Acceptance
Q1: How can I purchase this item?
A. Click on the ‘add to basket’ button and proceed to checkout.
Q2. When will I receive this item?
A. After purchasing this product, you’ll receive an instant email with a link to download these documents.
Q3. I have a question – who can I contact?
A. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q4. Is it complicated to personalise the Contract & Handbook?
No. All you need to do is change the bits highlighted in red, so it’s personalised for your business and then it’s ready to send to your fabulous new hire
Q5. How long will it take to personalise the Contract
Approximately around 10 minutes, but could take a bit longer
Q6. What’s the employment status for the contract
This is to hire an employee, based in the UK.