Employment Contract Template (fixed-term)
This comprehensive 2019 Job Offer & Employment Contract Template is for employees you want to employ for a specific time period.
Who this is for:
A Contract is a legal document. And not having a contract with the important paragraphs could leave you open to BIG legal risks. The kind that could potentially destroy the business you’ve worked so hard to create.
This Fixed-Term Contract Template is for you if you want to hire someone for the first time, and want to try it out before hiring someone permanently. Or you want someone to cover maternity leave or for a specific project.
What you get:
You’ll receive an Offer Letter and Fixed-Term Employment Contract Template, in Word format (with easy to follow instructions and FAQs) which is:
- Completely customisable to include your company logo and details – just change the bits in red
- Easy to personalise for your business
- Compliant with 2019 Employment Legislation for England, including GDPR and pension auto-enrolment
Plus if you get stuck you can ask me unlimited questions via my private Facebook community.
What paragraphs are included in the Contract?
This contract template covers the important things you need, including:
- Job title
- Place of Work
- Dates of Employment
- Automatically ending at the end of the term
- Pension auto-enrolment (two options for you to choose from)
- Overtime (optional)
- Bonus (optional)
- Deductions from Pay (in case you make a mistake and need the money back)
- Intellectual Property (to protect your assets)
- Probation (this is your get-out clause in case it doesn’t work out)
- Termination & Notice Period
- Sick Pay
- DBS (Criminal Record Checks which is optional)
- Outside Employment
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Working Time Regulations (this is a legal requirement)
- Health & Safety
- Restrictive Covenants (this is the important non-complete bit)
- Contingencies (caveats to protect you)
Q1: Why do I need this item?
It’s in your best interests to protect your business by having a robust contract in place. It’s also the law. And not having a contract with the important paragraphs could leave you open to BIG legal risks. The kind that could potentially destroy the business you’ve worked so hard to create.
Q2: How can I purchase this item?
Click on the ‘add to basket’ button and proceed to checkout.
Q3. When will I receive this item?
After purchasing this product, you’ll receive an instant email with a link to download these documents.
Q4. I have a question – who can I contact?
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q5. I’ve never written a contract before. Is it complicated to personalise this Contract template?
No. All you need to do is change the bits highlighted in red, so it’s personalised for your business and then it’s ready to send to you fabulous new hire
Q6. How long will it take to personalise the Contract
Approximately around 10 minutes, but could be a bit longer.
Q7. What’s the employment status for the contract?
This is to hire an employee based in the UK